Monday, January 30, 2006

In Memorium (Vechnaya Pamyat')

I'm in mourning for a good man - my dad. Maybe he wasn't always good; he screwed up like we all do, but he repented of the bad and did what he could in later years to make up for it.
I was talking to him via video conference, and my baby boy was being fussy and we couldn't carry on a normal conversation, so I said I'd call back later, maybe tomorrow.
Turned out that he went outside to do some yard work and immediately had a heart attack. Later was too late.
I'm glad I had time to make a video connection and show him my family halfway around the world. Glad that my kids got to see him and wave at him and say hello. Most of all, I'm glad I had a chance to hash out the important stuff with him and say what I thought, and to listen. I just feel that I could've said I love you a little louder and more clearly.
Now he's in God's hands. I pray for His mercy on my father, for all have sinned and come short of the glory of God. God rest his soul, and keep in in eternal memory (which in the end, is only in God).

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home